Due to the recent increase of positive COVID-19 cases, everyone attending today’s Women + Wellness event will be required to wear a mask inside the Dreamland Theatre. Masks will be available at the front entrance and attendees will be offered the option of distanced seating. For ticket holders not comfortable attending the event in-person, they may participate virtually via Zoom at this link. As with previous years, the video replay will also be made available after the event.
Monday, August 2, 2021
4:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Dreamland Theater
Doors open at 3:45 p.m. and the program begins at 4:15 p.m.
Join us as we focus on whole-body wellness, including mind, body, and spirit. Women+Wellness was created to help educate and empower our audience of women – the “chief medical officers” – who make 80% of the healthcare decisions for their families. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of Sarah Newton.
- Dr. Lecia Sequist, MD MPH, Director of the Center for Innovation at Mass General Brigham: Addressing new technologies and latest developments in cancer detection for better patient outcomes
- Ugne Aleknaite, CNP, and Gretchen Buchmann, RN, MSN, OCN, WCC, from Nantucket Cottage Hospital’s Oncology Team: Discussing cancer screenings and services provided on-island at Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
- Rana Chudnofsky, MEd of the Benson-Henry Institute at Mass General Brigham: Sharing positivity and relaxation techniques and cognitive strategies for the mind and body to relieve stress.
Event Chair: Meryl Bralower
Event Co-Chairs: Caron Dockerty, Mary Taaffe
Host Committee: Cheryl Bartlett, Carole Beller, Kay Bernon, Jeanine Borthwick, Cathy Bortz, Candace Browning-Platt, Christin Brecher, Trish Bridier, Lisa Clarey-Lawler, Caron Dockerty, Meg Dwyer, Barbara Gewirtz, Maureen Hackett, Robin Hammer, Kim Hartman, Joan Hill, Brenda Johnson, Debbie Kirk Kahn, Susan McCarthy, Carol Nast, Minou Palandjian, Joyce Robinson, Joanna Roche, Melanie Sabelhaus, Nancy Serafini, Mary Taaffe, Nancy Vittorini
Proceeds will fund ‘cold caps,’ a hair-sparing device for those undergoing chemotherapy at Nantucket Cottage Hospital. For questions about Women+Wellness, please contact the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation at 508-825-8250.
General Admission Tickets: SOLD OUT
- $75 – General Admission Ticket: Join us for the lecture series, followed by light refreshments and beverages in the Harborview Room and Terrace.
- If you would like to attend the event free of charge, please click here to email the NCH Foundation to receive one of our Angel Tickets, funded by a sponsor.
Sponsorship Opportunities: SOLD OUT
- $7,500 – Great Point Sponsor: Logo in event ads on The Dreamland screen during all movie previews | Logo and website link on the Nantucket Cottage Hospital event website; promoted on social media and radio | Admission for 8 attendees and preferred seating
- $5,000 – Sankaty Sponsor: Logo in event ads on The Dreamland screen during all movie previews | Logo and website link on the Nantucket Cottage Hospital event website; promoted on social media and radio | Admission for 6 attendees and preferred seating
- $2,500 – Brant Point Sponsor: Logo in event ads on The Dreamland screen during all movie previews | Logo and website link on the Nantucket Cottage Hospital event website; promoted on social media and radio | Admission for 4 attendees and preferred seating
- $1,500 – Heart Sponsor: Name recognition | Admission for yourself and 3 guests | Sponsor one attendee
- $1,000 – Soul Sponsor: Name recognition | Admission for yourself and 2 guests | Sponsor one attendee
- $500 – Care Sponsor: Name recognition | Admission for yourself and a guest
- $250 – Mindful Sponsor: Name recognition | Admission for yourself
- $75 – Pay it Forward: Sponsor an attendee to attend the event for free with an Angel ticket
Brant Point Sponsors:
Heart Sponsors: Michelle Atchinson, Jeanine Borthwick, Caron Dockerty, Carole Heaton, Joan Hill, Matthew Kamens, Laura Reynolds, Maria Roach, Minou Palandjian
Soul Sponsors: Camden National Bank, Candace Browning-Platt, Cece Fowler, Robin Hammer, Debbie Kirk Kahn, Phil Nardone & Scott Peltier, Carol Nast, Anna Swart, Mary Taaffe, Nancy Vittorini
Care Sponsors: Anonymous, Carole Beller, Belinda Bralver, Christin Brecher, Lisa Clarey-Lawler, Tricia Confrey, Meg Flax, Barbara Gewirtz, Denise LaBombard, Elizabeth Martin, Rhonda McDonald, Molly Ryan, Melanie Sabelhaus, Trudy Slater, Brent Tartamella
Mindful Sponsors: Anne Fitzpatrick, Cassandra Henderson, Debbie Lewis, Cynthia Mayer, Joanna Roche, Joyce Robinson, Sharon Shaver, Lisa Soeder, Katherine Sullivan, Liz Winship, Leslie Wytrzes
Pay it Forward Sponsors: Beth English, Sharon Hartley, Cassandra Henderson, Denise LaBombard, Sandra Sheehy, Dorothy Shepherd
History of Women+Wellness: Our annual Women+Wellness event was founded in 2017 by three dedicated Nantucket Cottage Hospital volunteers, Meryl Bralower, Melanie Sabelhaus and Jeanine Borthwick. Their goal was to lead an effort to empower women on Nantucket — both residents and visitors — to take charge of and advocate for their own healthcare. As women make 80% of the healthcare decisions in this country for themselves and their family members, W+W is an education-focused program to help women make the best decisions they can. A secondary goal is to educate the community about the resources available at Nantucket Cottage Hospital and its affiliation with the Mass General Brigham healthcare system.