John Winkelman, MD, PhD
Janet Wozniak, MD
Jameson Heise, PT, DPT
Hilary Busick PT, DPT
The sixth annual Women+Wellness event on Monday, July 17th featured renowned cardiac expert Colleen M. Harrington, MD, as our featured speaker. Dr. Harrington discussed various topics related to cardiac health for people of all ages, including preventative measures and the gender-specific risk factors for heart diseases. Primary Care Practitioners from Nantucket Cottage Hospital joined the conversation to share valuable information about on-island resources for cardiac screening, services, and care.
Thank You to Our 2023 Sponsors:
- Heart Sponsors: Jeanine Borthwick | Michael and Meryl Bralower | Maureen Hackett | Lisa Clarey-Lawler
- Soul Sponsors: Carole Beller | Amanda Dearborn | The Inquirer and Mirror
- Care Sponsors: Camille Branca | Cathy Bortz | Anita Cosgrove | Dawn Didden | Caron Dockerty | Meg Dwyer | Robin Hammer | Joan Hill | Minou Palandjian | Maria Roach | Hinda Snyder | John and Marianne Stanton | Alison Townsend | Leslie Wytrzes
- Mindful Sponsors: Kim Hartman | Ginny Ripp | Nancy Vittorini | Kim Younes
- Peace Sponsors: Jane Condon | Jennifer Pincince | Lisa Soeder
History of Women+Wellness: Our annual Women+Wellness event was founded in 2017 by three dedicated Nantucket Cottage Hospital volunteers, Meryl Bralower, Melanie Sabelhaus and Jeanine Borthwick. Their goal was to lead an effort to empower women on Nantucket — both residents and visitors — to take charge of and advocate for their own healthcare. As women make 80% of the healthcare decisions in this country for themselves and their family members, W+W is an education-focused program to help women make the best decisions. A secondary goal is to educate the community about the resources available at Nantucket Cottage Hospital and its affiliation with the Mass General Brigham healthcare system.