Island Health Fair + Elder Expo
- Saturday, October 19th, 2019
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital
The Nantucket Council on Aging and Nantucket Cottage Hospital are joining forces to offer the first joint Island Health Fair & Elder Expo. Through this collaboration we can offer more information and services to the Nantucket community. There will be informational booths, screenings, keynote speakers, cooking demonstrations, flu shots as in previous years, and more. Attendees may park in the main lot of the hospital and access the brand new front entrance. Parking attendants will be available to assist guests.
This is a great opportunity for seniors and the community-at-large to learn all the services available on our island. The Health Fair is free of charge and all screenings and demonstrations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
All speakers listed below will appear in the Watkins Conference Center on the 2nd floor of the hospital
- Greg O’Brien On Pluto: Inside the Mind of Alzheimer’s – 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Coaching by Janet Forest Coping with Change – 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Dr. Rocco Monto The Fountain: A Doctor’s Prescription to Make 60 the New 30 – 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Dr. Salma Batool Sleep and Health – 12:00 noon – 12:45 p.m.
- Dr. Derek Andelloux Sexual Health 101: Basic Medical Concerns Affecting Sexual Health – 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Free Flu Shots for People over 18 Years of Age. High Dose Vaccine Available for 65+. First come, first-served.
- Balance Screenings and Grip Testing with NCH Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy
- Oral/Dental Screenings and Topical Fluoride Varnish with ACK Dental Art
- Hearing Screenings with Hearing Life
- Blood Pressure Screening
ACTIVITIES AND DEMONSTRATIONS:
- Coffee, music, cookies and board games are available in the cafeteria on the second floor
- Cooking demonstration with Greg Margolis from Nantucket Culinary Center – 12:00 noon – 12:30 p.m. in Cafeteria
- Explore Boston MedFlight’s Helicopter Parked on the New Helipad and Meet the Pilot, Critical Care Nurse and Critical Care Paramedic
- Nutrition Guidance with Suzanne Davis, RD, LDN, CDE – 10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
- Colorectal Health Q&A with Dr. Douglas Horst
- Mini Massage Therapy Sessions with Lavender Farm Wellness
- Acupuncture Demonstrations with Island Acupuncture
- Mini Reflexology Sessions with Holistic Practitioner Wendi Murrell
- A Safe Place
- Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Anodyne Medical Services
- Cape Cod Five Savings Bank
- Cape Organization for the Rights of the Disabled
- Childbirth Education and Postpartum Support
- Coast to Coast Financial Planning & Federal Savings Bank Mortgage Services
- Dan’s Pharmacy
- Elder Services of Nantucket
- Fairwinds – Nantucket’s Counseling Center
- Friends of Our Island Home
- Glasses on the Road
- Health Imperatives Nantucket
- Hospital Thrift Shop
- Housing Nantucket
- Hy-Line Cruises
- John-Lawrence Funeral Home
- Mass Senior Medicare Patrol Program
- Mary Kay
- Mirick O’Connell Attorneys at Law
- Nantucket Atheneum
- NAMI & Nantucket Behavioral Health Task Force
- Nantucket Community School
- The Dreamland Theater
- Nantucket Fire Department
- Nantucket Home Health Care
- Nantucket Police Department
- Nantucket Regional Transit Authority
- Nantucket Sheriff’s Department
- Nantucket Wheelers
- NCH Case Management
- NCH Colorectal Health
- NCH Health Connector Open Enrollment
- NCH Imaging
- NCH Cancer Care and Infusion Center
- NCH Nutrition Services
- NCH Patient Gateway System
- NCH Pediatric Patient and Family Advisory Council
- NCH Pharmacy
- NCH Social Services
- Our Island Home
- Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket – PASCON
- Pure Body Nantucket
- Saltmarsh Senior Center
- SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone)
- Steamship Authority
- Stop the Bleed
- Swim Across America – Nantucket
- Town of Nantucket – 2020 Census Complete Count Committees
- TUCKed In Eldercare
- Veterans of Foreign Wars & Veterans Affairs
- Vibra Hospital of South Eastern Massachusetts
- Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod
This is a collaboration between Nantucket Cottage Hospital, the Council on Aging and the Nantucket Center for Elder Affairs.