Frequently Asked Questions
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2024
Location: Jetties Beach, Nantucket
Time: Lining up on Hulbert Avenue and Charles Street will be allowed beginning at 3 p.m. | General Admission gates open at 4:30 p.m. | Concert begins at 7 p.m. | Fireworks start at approximately 9 p.m.
Since 1997, the Boston Pops on Nantucket, presented by White Elephant Resorts, Jill and Stephen Karp, and sponsored by Fidelity Investments, continues to be the island’s most beloved summer event, bringing together thousands of community members for a night of unparalleled entertainment in support of Nantucket Cottage Hospital. The annual event is held on the second Saturday in August.
- General admission tickets will go on sale in Spring. Tickets will not be sold in-person. Tickets are $30 for adults and $10 for kids. Children under 5 may attend for free.
- Gates open at 4:30 p.m. Lining up on Hulbert Avenue and Charles Street will be allowed beginning at 3 p.m. In the interest of safety, early arrival will NOT be permitted at the event.
- All tickets must be scanned by security staff at the entrance gate. You may show your confirmation code on your smartphone or by printing your confirmation email that shows your code.
- All ticket levels are non-refundable and there is no rain date for this event.
- Bring your own food and drinks – nothing is available for purchase at the event.
- Security staff will perform contactless bag checks at the entrance gate. The following items are prohibited
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Glass bottles
- Beach umbrellas including canopies and shade structures
- Bicycles inside the concert (free bike parking is available near entrance at Bathing Beach Road)
- Cordoning off your chairs with tape/rope
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocketknives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Tarps larger than 8×8 feet
- Pets (except service animals)
- Any other items deemed as a possible threat to the safety of other guests
For a list of reserved seating options, please click here. All reserved seating must be purchased over the phone by calling the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Development Office at 508-825-8250.
ADA Information for Guests Needing Special Assistance
Handicap accessible shuttle service is available to accommodate General Admission guests who need wheelchair accessibility and special assistance. Two companions can ride the shuttle service with the elderly or disabled guest. Transportation on the shuttle must be pre-arranged. The shuttle will depart from a mid-island location at 5:15 p.m. For guests who use the shuttle service, there is a dedicated beach section with ramped wheelchair access; two staff attendants will assist guests up onto the ramped seating platform. Return shuttle service will be provided after the concert at approximately 9:45 p.m. If guests need to leave early, the shuttle can be arranged to provide early departure. It is suggested that you bring comfortable beach chairs, water and food. Please call the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Development Office at 508-825-8250 for more information and to sign up for the handicap accessible shuttle service. A courtesy golf cart is also available to pick up guests at the top of Bathing Beach Road both before and after the event at the intersection of North Beach Street. Assisted Listening Devices will be available in the Information Tent on Bathing Beach Road.
Fireworks will be launched from an offshore barge during the orchestra’s rendition of the 1812 Overture at approximately 9:00 p.m.
The event will be live-streamed to Our Island Home, Sherburne Commons, and the Saltmarsh Senior Center. For information about viewing the event at the Saltmarsh, please contact the Saltmarsh directly at 508-228-4490.
Public Advisories During Event Weekend
- Stay tuned for public advisories for the 2024 event
All ticket levels are non-refundable and there is no rain date for this event. 100% of proceeds benefit Nantucket Cottage Hospital, a nonprofit community hospital. For further questions about the Boston Pops on Nantucket or about other programs and events at Nantucket Cottage Hospital, contact the Development Office at (508) 825-8250.
By entering this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for the purposes of creating marketing materials and for posting such photos, film and/or recordings on web and social media platforms.