Nantucket Cottage Hospital recognizes that visits from family and friends are important to the healing process. We strive to create a welcoming, supportive and safe environment for our patients, families, visitors and staff while respecting the health care needs and confidentiality of our patients.
Please be aware that due to the constantly evolving COVID-19 environment, we update our visitor policy to best ensure the health and well-being of our patients and staff. The following visitor policy changes have been enacted:
- Inpatient visiting hours are now 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Inpatients are permitted two visitors at a time
- Those eligible inpatients may have one designated support person, in addition to their visitors
- Support persons are not limited to the designated visiting hours
- Visitors and support persons will continue to be screened, masked and educated about risks if visiting a patient on precautions
- In outpatient locations (ED, procedural areas, clinics) a single visitor or support person is permitted
- Employees may host visitors to non-clinical locations for administrative or operational reasons – and it the responsibility of the host to assure they are up to date on vaccination for COVID-19 and influenza
Upon arrival at the hospital, all visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Visitors with symptoms may not visit.
Wearing a Mask
- Facility-issued face masks are required, including in inpatient areas, emergency departments, outpatient settings and peri-procedural areas
- When you arrive at Nantucket Cottage Hospital, you will be given a procedural or surgical mask to wear. If you have a mask from home, you will be asked to replace it with the mask we provide to wear during your stay or visit
- Inpatients must wear the mask while outside of their room and when staff or visitors enter the room
- There may be some locations where you could remove your face mask for example, to eat or drink in our café
- Please note: Although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Commonwealth of Massachusetts have lifted restrictions so that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks in many settings, patients and visitors to Mass General Brigham hospitals and health care facilities must continue to wear a facility-issued mask when you are at our facilities. Employees will continue to do so, as well. This is for the health and safety of everyone in our care.
- Wash your hands frequently, or use the hand sanitizer available throughout the hospital. If you arrive with disposable gloves on, please take them off, throw them away and perform hand hygiene.
Leaving the Hospital
- Once your visit is over, please exit the hospital immediately. Please do not remove your mask until you are outside the building.
The Island Café
The cafeteria is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday for patients and staff only at this time.
TTY/TDD for the Hearing & Speech Impaired
If you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to use telephone equipment, we offer a TTY/TDD System to aid guests with special needs, 508-825-8360.
We provide interpretive services for most languages that present to Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
- In-person: There is currently 1 full-time interpreter that provides services in Spanish.
- By telephone and video: We currently use Cyracom Interpretive Services which allows us to contact an interpreter in most languages and insures 24 hour availability.
- For sign or ASL: We use either the video services or our TTD/TTY phone