Nantucket Cottage Hospital recognizes that visits from family and friends are important to the healing process. We strive to create a welcoming, supportive and safe environment for our patients, families, visitors and staff while respecting the health care needs and confidentiality of our patients.
Masking Policy Update
As of January 2, 2024, we have reached a high level of respiratory virus activity. You will see the following changes at Mass General Brigham:
- Your care team and other staff will wear a facility-issued face mask during direct interactions with patients in patient rooms and other clinical care areas where direct care is provided.
- Patients and visitors will be strongly encouraged to wear a facility-issued face mask during direct interactions with staff in patient rooms and clinical care areas where direct care is provided.
- Patients and visitors do not have to mask if they prefer not to.
- Masking is not required in lobbies and other common areas. Learn more about the masking policy update.
Inpatient Visitor Information:
- Inpatient visiting hours are 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Inpatients are permitted two visitors at a time
- Those eligible inpatients may have one designated support person, in addition to their visitors
- Support persons are not limited to the designated visiting hours
The Island Café
The cafeteria is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
TTY/TDD for the Hearing & Speech Impaired
If you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to use telephone equipment, we offer a TTY/TDD System to aid guests with special needs, 508-825-8360.
We provide interpretive services for most languages that present to Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
- In-person: When available.
- By telephone and video: We currently use Cyracom Interpretive Services which allows us to contact an interpreter in most languages and insures 24 hour availability.
- For sign or ASL: We use either the video services or our TTD/TTY phone