Nantucket Cottage Hospital recognizes that visits from family and friends are important to the healing process. We strive to create a welcoming, supportive and safe environment for our patients, families, visitors and staff while respecting the health care needs and confidentiality of our patients.
Nantucket Cottage Hospital Visitor Policy
(To read the full policy, click here)
We are not allowing visitors at this time, but on March 1 this policy will change.
Beginning on March 1, we will be asking patients to select one visitor per day. Patients will select their visitor during the admitting process and the visitor’s name will be entered into the patient admission record.
Patients wishing to change their designated visitor can speak to their nurse.
Special Accommodations are made for the following situations:
- Parents/guardians of patients under 18, attorneys of patients, and companions for patients with physical/intellectual disabilities.
- Birthplace – One support person may accompany/visit pregnant/postpartum mothers
- Exceptions will also be permitted for compassionate care with approval of the patient’s care team.
- Designated visitors must be over 18, wear a mask throughout their visit and pass a daily COVID-19 screening before entering Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
At NCH we are fully prepared to provide you with the care you need, when you need it, in a safe environment.
The Island Café
The cafeteria is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. At this time, the dining area is not open to the public.
TTY/TDD for the Hearing & Speech Impaired
If you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to use telephone equipment, we offer a TTY/TDD System to aid guests with special needs, 508-825-8360.
We provide interpretive services for most languages that present to Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
- In-person: There is currently 1 full-time interpreter that provides services in Spanish.
- By telephone and video: We currently use Cyracom Interpretive Services which allows us to contact an interpreter in most languages and insures 24 hour availability.
- For sign or ASL: We use either the video services or our TTD/TTY phone