Our Safe Care Commitment
Mass General Brigham is here to deliver the care you deserve. Our Safe Care Commitment is in effect across our system, including at Nantucket Cottage Hospital. We strive to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, visitors and staff.
We screen to protect you, your families, and our staff
- We screen all employees daily for symptoms. Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other infectious illness is not permitted to work until they are evaluated.
- We screen visitors and encourage the use of our pre-screen tool to our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We test and screen patients for COVID-19.
- Admitted patients to our hospitals are tested for COVID-19 before admission. Patients are tested again over of the course of their admission.
- Admitted patients are screened daily for symptoms.
- Patients visiting our facilities are screened for symptoms.
- When providing care in the home, we screen patients for symptoms before the visit.
We clean our hands and spaces and make it easy for you to do the same
- We have hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities so patients, visitors, and staff can clean their hands easily and frequently.
- We follow CDC recommendations for cleaning of our facilities.
We protect everyone in our environment
- We require everyone — employees, patients, and visitors — at our facilities to wear a facility-issued facemask.
- We wear masks when providing care in the home.
- All Mass General Brigham employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza.