Hospital Thrift Shop Opening May 10, 2021
(May 3, 2021) The Hospital Thrift Shop will open its doors on Monday, May 10th, 2021 for its 92nd season in business supporting Nantucket Cottage Hospital. The beloved island institution will allow in-person bargain hunting for the first time since 2019. Due to the pandemic, the Shop was unable to open for inside shopping in 2020 and instead created a new e-commerce shopping website and hosted several outdoor sales.
“We’re so excited to welcome shoppers back into 17 India Street,” said Mary Casey, Executive Director of the Hospital Thrift Shop. “We are chock full of merchandise – clothes, books, housewares, you name it! We are bursting at the seams and we can’t wait to get back to ‘business as normal.’”
2021 Hours of Operation
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10am to 12:30pm and 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Thursday Evenings: 5:30pm to 8:00pm (beginning May 20th)
- Saturday: 10am to 12:30pm
Donation Hours at 17 India Street:
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10am to 12:30pm (Beginning May 18th)
Off Site Donation Locations and Times:
- Saturday Donations: 8:30am to 10:00am at our storage pods in the parking lot adjacent to Gouin Village, off Vesper Lane (Beginning Saturday, May 22nd)
- Tuesday Donations: 10am to 11am in the Casino Parking lot in ‘Sconset – 10am to 11am or until the truck is full (Beginning June 8th)
The Thrift Shop was founded in 1929 when a group of dedicated volunteers came together to provide affordable clothes and household goods to the island community. Its first gift to the hospital that year was $603. Since that first donation, the Thrift Shop has contributed more than $5 million to the hospital during its 91 years of operation, a legacy of generosity that has benefited NCH in many ways, from new radiology and lab equipment, to a remodeled dialysis unit and new furnishings for patient rooms.
The Hospital Thrift Shop is always in need of new volunteers. Anyone interested in helping carry on this wonderful island tradition should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org