Access to medical care for non life-threatening conditions
- Located at 57 Prospect Street, Anderson Building
- Appointments are required
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday
Request an urgent access appointment
Urgent Access care is available to all.
The process to request an appointment is the same for existing Nantucket Cottage Hospital patients as well as those who are not patients.
- Click to request appointment: Request urgent access appointment
- You will arrive at a page where you will see available appointment times.
- If you have a Patient Gateway account you may sign into it at that time, OR you may continue booking the appointment by filling out the form on the page.
- When you finish booking the appointment you will receive an email with the time of your appointment, facility address and phone number.
Symptoms we treat:
- Coughs, colds, or sore throat
- Ear and eye infections
- Minor injuries (scrapes, cuts, minor burns, sprains)
- Muscle/back pain
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Tick bites
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginal infections, such as yeast infections
Urgent Care services are typically billed as a physician or nurse practitioner visit, and your out-of-pocket costs are usually limited to the co-payment required by your health insurance plan. We will request payment of your co-payment when you check in for the visit.
For both physician office visits and hospital outpatient visits, your health insurance plan may require you to get a referral or authorization. In addition, Mass General Brigham providers may be considered “In Network” or “Out of Network” depending on the specifics of your health insurance plan, which could affect the amount you pay.
To be treated at our Urgent Access Clinic, you will need to be registered with Mass General Brigham. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered. If you have not, please by call 866-211-6588 to register.
Virtual Urgent Care
- Virtual urgent care visits are available to individuals (ages 3+) in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Both current patients of Mass General Brigham and new patients may use virtual urgent care.
- Hours: 7 a.m.–11 p.m., 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Individuals ages 3 – 17 need to be accompanied by a parent, guardian or medical proxy.
Schedule a Virtual Urgent Care Appointment
Mass General Brigham offers virtual urgent care to anyone with an internet connection and appropriate device, such as a smart phone, tablet, or computer. Virtual urgent care is conducted over a secure health care platform.
If you are an existing Mass General Brigham patient with a Patient Gateway account, log in and schedule an appointment for a specific time slot later today or tomorrow.
If you are new to Mass General Brigham or do not yet have a Patient Gateway account, you can create an account and schedule an appointment for you or someone else.