DRIVE-THROUGH FLU SHOTS AT NCH
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20 IS THE FINAL DAY FOR DRIVE-THROUGH FLU SHOTS!
Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine, and this year the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is requiring the influenza vaccine for all children 6 months of age or older who are attending Massachusetts child care, pre-school, and K-12 schools.
Save time by getting your flu shot safely and conveniently at the Nantucket Cottage Hospital drive-through. No appointment is necessary, and flu shots can be provided at no out of pocket cost with most insurance plans.*
Simply ensure you are registered with Mass General Brigham**, then arrive at the hospital’s main entrance portico, Lane 2, anytime during our expanded hours:
- Monday through Friday: 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
(hours are subject to change)
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, as well as efficient service at the drive-through:
- Flu shots will be given in your car (young children can be given the flu vaccine in the portico tent with a parent if necessary)
- Parents, please be sure to get the confirmation paperwork for your child which can be provided to island schools as proof of vaccination.
- NCH staff will be wearing masks, gloves, and eye shields
- Patients are required to wear face coverings
- Make sure your upper arm is accessible to the medical staff: wear a short-sleeve shirt
- No pets allowed in cars at the drive-through
- Most insurance plans cover the cost of flu vaccination but if you have questions regarding cost, please check with your insurance carrier
- High-dose flu shots for individuals over 65 are available
- Bicyclists and those on foot are welcome at the drive-through
*Health insurance companies are required to cover flu vaccines without charging a copayment or coinsurance. But, they may require you to receive the vaccine at a specific place. Be sure to check your insurance company’s requirements.
** IMPORTANT: Before you can receive your flu shot you must be registered with Mass General Brigham (formerly Partners Healthcare) by calling 866-211-6588. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered, however, it is a good idea to confirm and update your information by calling the number above. Hours of operation to call and register: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mon-Thurs; and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Fridays.