Last updated April 16, 2021
Beginning on Monday, April 19th, Massachusetts will enter Phase 3 of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan, allowing any individuals who live, work, or study in Massachusetts age 16+ to receive the vaccine. In partnership with the Town of Nantucket, NCH is running the community vaccination clinic at the VFW facility at 22 New South Road to provide these vaccinations by appointment.
16 and 17 year olds must have a signed parental/guardian consent form (download here or pick up at the VFW) at the time of vaccination. Parents/guardians do not have to be present at the test site as long as the teen has the signed consent form.
- Haga clic para obtener información en español
- Clique para obter informações em português
- Кликнете за информация на български език
Vaccine appointments for the week of April 19th will open for scheduling on Saturday, April 17th at 10 a.m. Click the box below at that time to schedule.
- If you need to schedule a 2nd dose appointment, please email NCHVAX@partners.org and you will be contacted within 48 hours with information on second dose scheduling options.
- If you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, please do so through Patient Gateway. If you do not have Patient Gateway, please email NCHVAX@partners.org to cancel.
Need a ride to get your vaccine? NRTA, Ride the Wave!
- Monday through Saturday
- 10:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Please let the driver know you are going to the VFW. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
- Sconset via Old South Road Route: VFW Vaccination Site Bus Schedule
- Bus leaves town at 10:15 a.m. The last bus leaves town at 3:15 p.m.
- Bus leaves Sconset at 10:45 a.m. The last bus leaves Sconset at 3:45 p.m.
- There are convenient, dedicated stops along the route.
- Fare: $3 each year. Half Fare: Seniors 60+, persons with disabilities, veterans and active duty military personnel
- You may qualify for NRTA’s Your Island Ride door-to-door van service. Call 508-325-7516 for more information.
Please do not contact your doctor’s office about scheduling vaccine appointments.
While we wait for new vaccines to be delivered, please remain diligent. It is still important to wash your hands, wear a mask, and socially distance—even if you or someone you know has been vaccinated.
IMPORTANT: Before you can be vaccinated you must be registered with Mass General Brigham (formerly Partners Healthcare) by calling 866-211-6588. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered, however, it is a good idea to confirm and update your information by calling the number above. Hours of operation to call and register: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mon-Thurs; and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Fridays.
About the COVID-19 vaccines
We are committed to equity in vaccinating all the communities that we serve.
Vice President and Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer at Massachusetts General Hospital, Joseph Betancourt, M.D., and Vice President of Community Health and Health Equity at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Wanda McClain, discuss how the health system is building trust for the COVID-19 vaccine.