As our staff cares for our island community and responds to the global coronavirus pandemic, we are immensely grateful for the outpouring of support we have received so far. Everyone who loves Nantucket is stepping up to the plate to ensure our island emerges from this crisis stronger than ever. Your support, in any capacity, is appreciated.
Ways to Help
A donation to Nantucket Cottage Hospital during this pandemic will help our efforts to care for the island, help us defeat COVID-19, and emerge stronger than ever as a tight-knit community.
- Click here to donate online to NCH’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- Mail checks to the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation, 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket, MA 02554. Please make checks payable to Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
Other Ways to Help:
- Donate Medical Supplies: The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on our supply of personal protective equipment, or PPE, that our medical providers need to continue to care for patients. Hospitals across the country are facing shortages and we are concerned that our limited supply could soon be exhausted as this situation continues to evolve. We are appealing to the community for donations of N95 respirator masks, regular ear loop masks, medical gloves and gowns. We would like this request to reach our local contractors, painters, dentist offices, beauty salons, and any other businesses or individuals who may have a supply they could donate. These items are critical to protect our healthcare workers and patients, and will help us prevent the spread of any potential infections in our community. If you are able to donate any of these items, please contact Courtney O’Neill at 508-825-8213.
- Donate Homemade Face Masks: According to the CDC, fabric masks are a crisis response option when other supplies have been exhausted. We have implemented stringent conservation measures to sustain our existing supply of PPE and currently have adequate supplies, but want to mobilize the support of our community now to prevent any possibility of running low or running out. Click here to see how to make a homemade face mask. To donate, please contact Courtney O’Neill at 508-825-8213.
- Donate Your Time as a Reserve Physician or Provider: We are calling on any active or retired healthcare professionals on the island to sign up to be part of a reserve staff of clinicians if the need arises during the COVID-19 pandemic response. We are seeking any retired or active physicians, nurses, techs, or anyone who has a medical background to let us know if they are on-island and willing to help NCH if called upon. We are able to do emergency credentialing at NCH as the state of Massachusetts has relaxed the rules around this process. Please contact us at 508-825-8118 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to be part of our reserve staff during this challenging time.