Assistance for Open Enrollment Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D)
(October 17, 2022) NCH is offering phone consultations for Open Enrollment Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D) assistance. Please call 508-825-8196 to schedule an appointment between October 17th and December 7th.
Additional assistance is available from the SHINE Program, a State Health Insurance Program that provides free, one-on-one health insurance information, counseling and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries of all ages. Both in-person and phone appointments are available through SHINE by calling 508-375-6762. You can also email SHINE@barnstablecounty.org.
The SHINE Program can assist with questions about any of the following:
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Medicare HMOs, PPOs)
- Insurance Claim Forms
- Medicare Supplements (“Medigap”)
- Prescription Advantage
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- One Care Plans
- Health Insurance Options
- Prescription Drug Options
- Long-Term Care Insurance
Some of the services that SHINE counselors provide include:
- Reviewing your current coverage
- Reviewing your eligibility for financial assistance
- Providing health insurance plan comparisons
- Helping prepare health benefit claim forms and applications
Patients can consult with a SHINE counselor by phone or request that they visit you at home. Counselors are volunteers trained through the SHINE Program.