You Speak, We Listen: How to Share Your Concerns
Your experience at Nantucket Cottage Hospital is our number one priority. If at any time you, your family, or your significant other or guardian have feedback, positive or negative, we strongly encourage you to reach out to our Patient Experience Team.
Following a visit, you have the right to share your concerns, we have multiple resources available for you to make your experience known to hospital leadership, so we can continue to refine and improve how we provide care to our community. If you present a complaint, your care will not be affected in any way.
Our patient experience line can be reached weekdays from 8:30am to 4:00pm by calling (508) 825-1398. Additionally, for patients looking to submit their feedback in writing, they can reach us by emailing our patient experience team by clicking here. Written letters can be mailed to: 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket, MA 02554.
When contacting the Patient Experience Team and to help us better respond to you please include the following information:
- The nature of your concern
- Your medical record number
- The name(s) of the person(s) involved
- The department in which the problem occurred
- The date on which the problem occurred
- Your ideas about how you would like us to help
Our review of the concern will include:
- Asking your permission to start a review in circumstances where someone else is calling on your behalf
- Talking with you and/or your family so that we know your concerns
- Contacting and talking with the person(s) named
- Reviewing all appropriate documents, including your medical record, if necessary
- Collaborating with you on a possible resolution
What to Expect
- A patient experience representative will contact you, review your concerns, and make every effort to resolve the at that time. If your concerns cannot be resolved in a timely manner, it will become a grievance. Every effort will be made to resolve the issue within 30 days. A letter will be sent to you with outlining actions taken and resolution.
Other options for voicing your concerns:
- President’s Office: Nantucket Cottage Hospital
57 Prospect St., Nantucket, MA 02554 | 508-825-8200
- 24/7 Compliance Line: 1-800-856-1983
- Nantucket Cottage Medical Group (NCMG)
The Compliance Team, Inc.
PO Box 160, 905 Sheble Lane, Suite 102
Spring House, PA 19477
- Massachusetts Bureau of Health Professions Licensure
239 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114
Ph: 617-973-0865 | Fax: 617-973-0985
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Division of Health Care Quality
67 Forest Street, Marlborough, MA 01752
- The Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Ph: 1-800-994-6610 | Fax: 1-630-792-5636
- Dialysis: The ESRD Network of New England, Inc.,
30 Hazel Terrace, Woodbridge, CT 06525 | 203-387-9332
Patients and Families Only: Toll Free: 1-866-286-3773 | Fax: 203-389-9902