(September 2023) Nantucket Cottage Hospital is hosting flu vaccine clinics this fall. Appointments are required and are available to book on the Patient Gateway or by calling 508-825-1000. Flu shots will be administered in the Anderson Building on the hospital campus at 57 Prospect Street.
- Monday, September 18, 2023
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Saturday, September 30, 2023 during Island Health Fair at 57 Prospect Street, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (no appointments required during Health Fair)
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Thursday, November 9, 2023
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Friday, November 24, 2023 (for all ages – clinic located in Physician Practices in main hospital, not Anderson Building)
Additional clinic dates will be added to meet demand.
Both COVID and flu vaccines are also available to patients during a regular primary care visit.
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year, and the Centers for Disease Control recommends annual influenza vaccination for everyone 6 months and older.