Whether you wish to support the annual fund, or a specific area of the hospital, there are many ways to make a donation. For questions about philanthropy at Nantucket Cottage Hospital, please call the Foundation Office at (508) 825-8250.
- The simplest way to make a gift to the hospital is with a donation via check or credit card. Gifts can be designated to The NCH Fund, or specific needs of the hospital. Give now online, or mail a check to Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation, 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket, MA 02554.
- When medical care requires off-island travel to one of Nantucket Cottage Hospital’s partners on the mainland, the time, logistics, and expenses can be daunting. Click here to donate to the NCH Travel Funds, which provide critical assistance for patients in these situations.
- Memorial and Tribute gifts can celebrate an occasion, honor a friend or caregiver, or remember a beloved friend or family member.
- A gift of stock can provide significant tax advantages and allow you to increase your contribution. Download details for a stock transfer here or contact the Foundation Office at (508) 825-8250. Wire transfer instructions are also available here. Be sure to let us know when you are transferring stock or making a wire transfer so that we can ensure the gift is appropriately credited to you.
- Consider a planned gift or bequest to benefit the future of wellness on Nantucket. Learn more about gift planning.
- Leverage matching gifts from your employer. If your company has a matching gift policy, check their guidelines and submit a matching gift form with your gift. We’ll take care of the rest. Some companies will also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
- Honor a Nantucket Native! Since 1999, Nantucket Cottage Hospital has honored islanders who were born at the hospital on our Wall of Nantucket Natives. The Wall of Natives has become a beloved tradition for many island families with new babies. For a $100 donation, you can add your own Nantucket Native’s name to the Wall. In the old hospital, the Wall included bricks engraved with the native’s name and date of birth. While the old bricks could not be relocated to this facility, the names of each native who purchased a brick in the old building were transcribed onto these tiles, and now we have room for future generations to add their names. Click here to buy online. For questions, please call the Foundation at (508) 825-8250.
- Donate a car. The hospital maintains a small fleet of vehicles for our visiting physicians and staff. Vehicles should be less than 10 years old and in good working condition. It’s a great way to keep a well-loved car in use and get a tax deduction.
Questions? Contact the Foundation Office at (508) 825-8250.
Event Spotlight Alli & Sean Mitchell support The NCH Fund
Longtime island residents Sean and Alli Mitchell have a growing family. Over the past two years, the Mitchells have welcomed two healthy boys to their family – Thomas and Patrick – who joined them and their three dogs under one roof. “I wasn’t someone who used the hospital too much in the past,” Alli said. “But now? You’d have to pry me off this island to have a baby anywhere else!”icon
Donor Spotlight Annual Donor Report
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community.icon