Monday, September 11, 2017
Golf Tournament at Sankaty Head Golf Club
The hospital’s annual golf tournament, Swing for Nantucket Cottage Hospital, will take place on Monday, September 11, 2017. Join us for an afternoon round of golf and a barbecue luncheon followed by an evening reception with an awards ceremony, hors d’ouevres, cocktails and a door prize. For questions about the tournament, please call Kate Perry at the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation at (508) 825-8250.
Schedule of Events
- 11:00 am | Tournament registration
- 11:30 am | Barbecue luncheon
- 1:00 pm | Shotgun start – best ball format
- Followed by an evening reception with awards ceremony, hors d’ouevres, cocktails and a door prize.
Tournament Details: Best Ball Format
- Match will be one-better-ball of each foursome. Each player will play his or her own ball throughout the competition. Prizes will be awarded for net and gross winning scores. In the interest of speed of play, please pick up if you are out of the hole.
- Men will play at 80% of handicap and women will play at 90% of handicap. As USGA rules apply for the tournament, Mark Heartfield, PGA Professional, will decide any matters.
- Mulligans may be purchased at the time of registration only, when you check in at Sankaty Head Golf Club. They are $10 each, with a maximum of two per player. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity. Men will hit from white tees and women from red tees. Players 70 years old and older, with a handicap of 25 or higher, may hit from the gray tees.
- The first person to make a hole-in-one on hole #6 will win a new car from Don Allen Ford. All tournament participants will be entered into a drawing for a door prize giveaway for assorted golf gear from the Sankaty Pro Shop.