Nantucket Cottage Hospital: Insurance Plans Accepted
Updated November 14, 2018 | View PDF version here
- Always check with your own health insurance provider. You should always check with your own health insurance plan before getting care to make sure you understand your covered benefits and costs.
- The insurance plans listed are accepted by Nantucket Cottage Hospital and the physicians who work for that hospital. There are also physicians who are affiliated with but do not work for Nantucket Cottage Hospital. These doctors may accept different insurances than our hospitals. To make sure your physician accepts your insurance, please check with their office before you schedule an appointment.
- Many insurance plans are now considered “tiered” plans, and have different levels of costs depending on where you go for care. The information below should be used as a reference, but it is important that you check with your own health insurance plan to see what level of coverage you will receive. Even if you see your insurance plan listed, additional referrals or authorizations may be required. Some services may not be covered by your insurance coverage at every location. The level of coverage provided to you is determined by your insurer.
- Also, many health insurance plans may use other companies to cover certain services such as behavioral health (mental health) or transplant related services. Please contact your health insurance plan or employer for your specific questions.
- If your health insurance plan or product is not listed below, please contact your insurance plan to find out for sure what coverage may be available to you.
Nantucket Cottage Hospital accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna: HMO, PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts: HMO, POS, PPO (does not include PPO products using the Select Blue Provider Network), Indemnity
- BMC HealthNet: MassHealth, MassHealth CarePlus
- Cigna: HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity
- Coventry: PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care: HMO, POS, PPO (does not include Focus Network products)
- Humana: PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan: HMO, MassHealth, MassHealth CarePlus, ConnectorCare, QHP | Note: Starting in 2019, Neighborhood Health Plan will be called Allways Health Partners
- Private Healthcare Systems / MultiPlan Inc.: PPO
- Tufts Health Plan: HMO, POS, PPO, Medicare Advantage, Indemnity (does not include Select, Spirit, or Tufts Network Health products), Senior Care Options (for specialty/hospital care only, does not include primary care)
- UniCare: Indemnity
- United: HMO, POS, PPO