Recovering from surgery can require more than just the proper medical care, monitoring, and rehabilitation expertise. Sometimes it’s a state-of-mind, and having the support of friends and family nearby. Is there a better place to recover than close to your home and loved ones on Nantucket?
Nantucket Cottage Hospital offers a federally-licensed surgical recovery and physical rehabilitation program known as our Healing Near Home program. Patients recovering from a major surgery, stroke, injury or illness who require additional rehabilitation or skilled nursing will find just what they’re looking for right here at Nantucket Cottage Hospital. Whether you were first treated on-island or elsewhere on the mainland, the program is open to any qualifying patient wishing to recover on Nantucket near their family and friends, in the intimate comfort of our hospital.
Our Healing Near Home program is available to a variety of patients, including:
- Orthopedics patients with recent major joint repair or replacements
- Those recovering from a wound or major surgery
- Patients with recent restorative surgery
- Anyone who needs acute physical, occupational or cognitive therapy
- Patients in need of post-hospitalization pain management or IV therapy
- Patients who require management of diabetes, congestive heart failure, cancer treatments and other chronic conditions
- Those in need of palliative or end-of-life care
Meet our Team
- Pulmonary, Primary Care, Hospitalist