For patients with end stage renal disease, the symptoms are difficult enough without the hardship of traveling off-island for care. Nantucket Cottage Hospital offers outpatient Hemodialysis to both permanent residents and island visitors. Our on-site location makes it safe and convenient for those suffering with end stage renal disease to access the care they need, close to home, and with the advantage of all the services and security of a hospital setting. Our dialysis nurses are trained and certified to administer outpatient Hemodialysis.
Our Hemodialysis Unit is proud to offer the following services:
- Outpatient Hemodialysis therapy for end stage renal disease
- Monthly visits with a Nephrologist
- Nutrition consultations with a certified dietician
- Treatments available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and weekends as necessary
- Care for transient patients, who will be received according to availability of a time slot and advanced notice
Please note your referring physician’s office or care manager is responsible for obtaining insurance pre-authorization for you as a patient.