Department + Services
Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Diplomat
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - Fellow
Massachusetts Medical Society
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Six Sigma Certification
Publications & Research
- Operative Gynecology – Edited by Gershenson, DeCherney & Curry
Contributed Chapter 9 “Benign Procedures of the Vulva and Vagina”
W.B. Saunders Co. 1993
- Elmer DB, Granai CO, Ball HG, Curry SL. Persistence of gestational trophoblastic disease. Obstet Gynecol 1993; 81:888-890.
- Intrauterine Therapy of Fetal Supraventricular Tachycardia
ACOG District I Junior Fellow Award Winning Paper
- Block PC, Elmer DB, Fallon JT. Release of atherosclerotic debris. Circ 1982;65:950-952.
- Block PC, Fallon JT, Elmer DB. Experimental Angioplasty. AJR 1980; 135:907-912.
Degree & Residencies
Tufts University, B.S.
Tufts University School of Medicine, M.D.
Tufts University Affiliated Hospitals, OB/GYN Residency
PersonalIn his free time, Dr. Elmer enjoys fly-fishing, beekeeping, and is an instrument-rated general aviation pilot.
Contact David B. Elmer, MD, FACOG
Weekly on Tuesdays
Physician referrals only
Nantucket Cottage Hospital
57 Prospect Street
Nantucket, MA 02554