- MassHealth includes Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Every MassHealth member has until June 30th, 2018 to change their health plan to ensure it aligns with their physician and health care providers.
- Patients must have the correct MassHealth plan for their doctor.
- On Nantucket, these plans include Partners Healthcare Choice, BMC HealthNet, and MassHealth Primary Care Clinician (PCC).
- If your Masshealth plan does not align with your primary care physician, they cannot accept your insurance.
- MassHealth patients of Tim Lepore should enroll in either the BMC HealthNet plan or the MassHealth PCC plan.
- MassHealth patients of Leif Norenberg should enroll in the Tufts/Boston Children’s ACO.
- MassHealth patients of all other Nantucket physicians should enroll in the Partners Healthcare Choice.
For general information about the Plan Selection Period, please visit www.mass.gov/service-details/plan-selection-period and for details about the Fixed Enrollment Period, go to www.mass.gov/service-details/fixed-enrollment-period (more…)
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community. It’s one of the ways we acknowledge the hundreds of men, women and children who generously share with us their talents and treasures as volunteers, donors and staff. Read the full report.
Nantucket Cottage Hospital honored the recipients of the annual Partners in Excellence awards, which recognize superlative performance throughout the Partners HealthCare system, during a ceremony earlier this week at 56 Union.
This year’s individual award winners are Jason Graziadei and Nancy Pittman. The team award went to the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Food Services team, including Maria McGrath, Team Leader, Bob Buccino, Dean Chianese, Orlando Fowler, James Kyomitmaitee, Chris Lemont, Chai Sophonwattana and Wendy Turbini.
The awards were presented by Jeff Davis, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Mass General, and NCH President and CEO Dr. Margot Hartmann, who offered the following comments about each of the recipients:
National Volunteer Week is celebrated April 15 – 22nd and Nantucket Cottage Hospital is proud to celebrate our Blue Coat team, who volunteered a total of 2,594 hours in 2017!
- Over 400 Hours: Ed Benedict (413)
- Over 200 Hours: Toby Greenberg (248), Peter Richards (224)
- Over 150 Hours: Priscilla Saperstein (176), Banc Winsor (163)
- Over 100 Hours: Duncan Will (146), Paul Clarke (134.5), Randy Wight (132), Nick Miller (111), Pat Flemming (108), Donna Davis (104), Maryanne Haigley (104)
- Over 60 Hours: Kevin Dugan (69), Terry McGovern (63)
- Over 50 Hours: Virginia Carrey (55), Patsy Ernst (53), Mary Zibelli (50)
- Over 30 Hours: Deborah Beale (37)
- Over 20 Hours: Joan Badie (28), Patty Keneally (28), Dorothy Verney (28), Tanya Thairatana (27), Marcia Anderson (25), Lily Jimenez (25), Susan Greenberg (20)
- Up to 20 Hours: Kate Smith (18), Judith Weinstein (18), Tansheka Edwards (12), Robert Ford (8)
The British Invasion will land at Jetties Beach on Nantucket this summer when RAIN: A Tribute to The Beatles joins the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra as the special musical guest for the 22nd annual Boston Pops on Nantucket concert to benefit Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
RAIN performs the full range of The Beatles’ discography including the most complex and challenging songs that The Beatles recorded in studio but never performed for an audience. Now together longer than the legendary foursome, RAIN has mastered every song, gesture, and nuance of The Beatles, delivering a note-for-note performance that’s as infectious as it is transporting.
For more than 20 years, the Boston Pops on Nantucket has been the largest and most popular summer event on the island, attracting thousands to Jetties Beach for a night of spectacular entertainment all to raise critical funds for Nantucket Cottage Hospital. Paired with RAIN, conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra will deliver another memorable edition of the concert, which is set for Aug. 11th, 2018. This year’s event chairs are Sarah and Jeff Newton, longtime summer residents of Nantucket who maintain their primary residence in Concord, MA.
“We are thrilled to be chairing the 22nd annual concert,” said Sarah. “For us, the Pops is the highlight of every summer, and we are working with a terrific group of volunteers and committee members to create another successful fund raising event for our cherished hospital.” (more…)