OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, January 5, 2019 | 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. | 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket
Nantucket Cottage Hospital is preparing to open the doors of our new hospital following the largest community fundraising campaign in island history. We want to offer you a sneak peek of the new hospital before it opens for patient care to see the incredible results of this effort.
Please park in the new Emergency Department parking area off Prospect Street. Once full, please utilize the main hospital parking lot. You will be directed to the appropriate entrance for the new hospital. Light refreshments will be served.
The Hospital Thrift Shop presented its annual gift to Nantucket Cottage Hospital on Monday, continuing its 89-year tradition of generous giving with a $427,610 contribution that will be used to purchase new medical equipment and other capital items, as well as handmade furniture for the new hospital. It will also complete the Thrift Shop’s pledge of $500,000 toward the new hospital it made back in 2015.
The members of the Hospital Thrift Shop Board of Directors presented Nantucket Cottage Hospital president and CEO Dr. Margot Hartmann with a check on Monday following another successful season in business on India Street. The $427,610 gift represents the Thrift Shop’s largest annual contribution in nearly nine decades of steadfast support of the hospital. (more…)
Nantucket Cottage Hospital held its 107th Annual Meeting on Friday, Aug. 17th and welcomed new members to its Board of Trustees, thanked outgoing members for their service, and honored its volunteers and leaders.
Chairman Kevin Hickey welcomed the new members of the Board of Trustees, including Joseph M. Garasic, MD, Gerry Keneally, and Ian Loring. Hickey also thanked the outgoing members of the Board, including Erwin L. Greenberg, Philip A. Nardone, Jr., and Laura Reynolds.
Hickey and NCH Public Information Officer Jason Graziadei updated attendees on the state of the organization, the status of the new hospital, and other major projects on the horizon. Courtney O’Neill, executive director of the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation, presented the hospital’s annual leadership awards. (more…)
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community. It’s one of the ways we acknowledge the hundreds of men, women and children who generously share with us their talents and treasures as volunteers, donors and staff. Read the full report.
National Volunteer Week is celebrated April 15 – 22nd and Nantucket Cottage Hospital is proud to celebrate our Blue Coat team, who volunteered a total of 2,594 hours in 2017!
- Over 400 Hours: Ed Benedict (413)
- Over 200 Hours: Toby Greenberg (248), Peter Richards (224)
- Over 150 Hours: Priscilla Saperstein (176), Banc Winsor (163)
- Over 100 Hours: Duncan Will (146), Paul Clarke (134.5), Randy Wight (132), Nick Miller (111), Pat Flemming (108), Donna Davis (104), Maryanne Haigley (104)
- Over 60 Hours: Kevin Dugan (69), Terry McGovern (63)
- Over 50 Hours: Virginia Carrey (55), Patsy Ernst (53), Mary Zibelli (50)
- Over 30 Hours: Deborah Beale (37)
- Over 20 Hours: Joan Badie (28), Patty Keneally (28), Dorothy Verney (28), Tanya Thairatana (27), Marcia Anderson (25), Lily Jimenez (25), Susan Greenberg (20)
- Up to 20 Hours: Kate Smith (18), Judith Weinstein (18), Tansheka Edwards (12), Robert Ford (8)