HOW TO ACCESS THE NEW HOSPITAL: The main entrance of the new hospital will be unusable until the old building is taken down and removed. During this interim period, patients can access the new hospital two ways:
- From the physician practices entrance near Vesper Lane
- From the Emergency Department entrance off Prospect Street
Patients should use the physician practices entrance near Vesper Lane for doctors appointments. Nantucket Cottage Hospital will provide complimentary valet parking service at the entrance to the Emergency Department. We anticipate the main entrance will be open by late June.
OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, January 5, 2019 | 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. | 57 Prospect Street, Nantucket
Nantucket Cottage Hospital is preparing to open the doors of our new hospital following the largest community fundraising campaign in island history. We want to offer you a sneak peek of the new hospital before it opens for patient care to see the incredible results of this effort.
Please park in the new Emergency Department parking area off Prospect Street. Once full, please utilize the main hospital parking lot. You will be directed to the appropriate entrance for the new hospital. Light refreshments will be served.
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community. It’s one of the ways we acknowledge the hundreds of men, women and children who generously share with us their talents and treasures as volunteers, donors and staff. Read the full report.
Nantucket Cottage Hospital honored the recipients of the annual Partners in Excellence awards, which recognize superlative performance throughout the Partners HealthCare system, during a ceremony earlier this week at 56 Union.
This year’s individual award winners are Jason Graziadei and Nancy Pittman. The team award went to the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Food Services team, including Maria McGrath, Team Leader, Bob Buccino, Dean Chianese, Orlando Fowler, James Kyomitmaitee, Chris Lemont, Chai Sophonwattana and Wendy Turbini.
The awards were presented by Jeff Davis, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Mass General, and NCH President and CEO Dr. Margot Hartmann, who offered the following comments about each of the recipients:
National Volunteer Week is celebrated April 15 – 22nd and Nantucket Cottage Hospital is proud to celebrate our Blue Coat team, who volunteered a total of 2,594 hours in 2017!
- Over 400 Hours: Ed Benedict (413)
- Over 200 Hours: Toby Greenberg (248), Peter Richards (224)
- Over 150 Hours: Priscilla Saperstein (176), Banc Winsor (163)
- Over 100 Hours: Duncan Will (146), Paul Clarke (134.5), Randy Wight (132), Nick Miller (111), Pat Flemming (108), Donna Davis (104), Maryanne Haigley (104)
- Over 60 Hours: Kevin Dugan (69), Terry McGovern (63)
- Over 50 Hours: Virginia Carrey (55), Patsy Ernst (53), Mary Zibelli (50)
- Over 30 Hours: Deborah Beale (37)
- Over 20 Hours: Joan Badie (28), Patty Keneally (28), Dorothy Verney (28), Tanya Thairatana (27), Marcia Anderson (25), Lily Jimenez (25), Susan Greenberg (20)
- Up to 20 Hours: Kate Smith (18), Judith Weinstein (18), Tansheka Edwards (12), Robert Ford (8)