Brannigan, a former island resident, has returned to Nantucket after several years working overseas as a medical health officer with the St. George International School in Sofia, Bulgaria. Prior to that, Brannigan served as a medical hospitalist at the Anne Arundel Medical Group in Maryland.
“The people of Nantucket have given so much to me and my family over the years. I am thankful for the opportunity to give back,” Brannigan said. (more…)
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community. It’s one of the ways we acknowledge the hundreds of men, women and children who generously share with us their talents and treasures as volunteers, donors and staff. Read the full report.
Nantucket Cottage Hospital honored the recipients of the annual Partners in Excellence awards, which recognize superlative performance throughout the Partners HealthCare system, during a ceremony earlier this week at 56 Union.
This year’s individual award winners are Jason Graziadei and Nancy Pittman. The team award went to the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Food Services team, including Maria McGrath, Team Leader, Bob Buccino, Dean Chianese, Orlando Fowler, James Kyomitmaitee, Chris Lemont, Chai Sophonwattana and Wendy Turbini.
The awards were presented by Jeff Davis, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Mass General, and NCH President and CEO Dr. Margot Hartmann, who offered the following comments about each of the recipients:
National Volunteer Week is celebrated April 15 – 22nd and Nantucket Cottage Hospital is proud to celebrate our Blue Coat team, who volunteered a total of 2,594 hours in 2017!
- Over 400 Hours: Ed Benedict (413)
- Over 200 Hours: Toby Greenberg (248), Peter Richards (224)
- Over 150 Hours: Priscilla Saperstein (176), Banc Winsor (163)
- Over 100 Hours: Duncan Will (146), Paul Clarke (134.5), Randy Wight (132), Nick Miller (111), Pat Flemming (108), Donna Davis (104), Maryanne Haigley (104)
- Over 60 Hours: Kevin Dugan (69), Terry McGovern (63)
- Over 50 Hours: Virginia Carrey (55), Patsy Ernst (53), Mary Zibelli (50)
- Over 30 Hours: Deborah Beale (37)
- Over 20 Hours: Joan Badie (28), Patty Keneally (28), Dorothy Verney (28), Tanya Thairatana (27), Marcia Anderson (25), Lily Jimenez (25), Susan Greenberg (20)
- Up to 20 Hours: Kate Smith (18), Judith Weinstein (18), Tansheka Edwards (12), Robert Ford (8)