No other hospital in Massachusetts worries when they call for an ambulance to transport a patient whether that ambulance will show up or not. But our clinicians at Nantucket Cottage Hospital recently found themselves in this dilemma when the ambulance companies that previously travelled to the island to transport patients to the mainland stopped coming. For these companies, it was a matter of insurance reimbursements not covering their costs. For our team and some of our patients at NCH, it was a crisis. (more…)
- MassHealth includes Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Every MassHealth member has until June 30th, 2018 to change their health plan to ensure it aligns with their physician and health care providers.
- Patients must have the correct MassHealth plan for their doctor.
- On Nantucket, these plans include Partners Healthcare Choice, BMC HealthNet, and MassHealth Primary Care Clinician (PCC).
- If your Masshealth plan does not align with your primary care physician, they cannot accept your insurance.
- MassHealth patients of Tim Lepore should enroll in either the BMC HealthNet plan or the MassHealth PCC plan.
- MassHealth patients of Leif Norenberg should enroll in the Tufts/Boston Children’s ACO.
- MassHealth patients of all other Nantucket physicians should enroll in the Partners Healthcare Choice.
For general information about the Plan Selection Period, please visit www.mass.gov/service-details/plan-selection-period and for details about the Fixed Enrollment Period, go to www.mass.gov/service-details/fixed-enrollment-period (more…)
Brannigan, a former island resident, has returned to Nantucket after several years working overseas as a medical health officer with the St. George International School in Sofia, Bulgaria. Prior to that, Brannigan served as a medical hospitalist at the Anne Arundel Medical Group in Maryland.
“The people of Nantucket have given so much to me and my family over the years. I am thankful for the opportunity to give back,” Brannigan said. (more…)
Every year, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation publishes its annual Report to Our Donors to celebrate, highlight, and thank our donors and volunteers. This report is filled with the names of people who recognize that life as we know it on Nantucket wouldn’t be the same without a hospital that meets the needs of a thriving year-round community. It’s one of the ways we acknowledge the hundreds of men, women and children who generously share with us their talents and treasures as volunteers, donors and staff. Read the full report.