Focus of Grants
The Community Health Initiative seeks to stimulate Nantucket entities to develop innovative, collaborative, measurable, replicable, evidence-based and sustainable local programs that impact the most urgent needs of Nantucket populations and strengthen the local public health infrastructure *. The Community Health Initiative seeks proposals that also:
- Directly addresses priorities listed
- Utilizes local data
- Shows ability to adhere to proposed timelines and reporting requirements
- Includes reasonable and well-planned budget projections
- Demonstrates measurable goals and outcomes
- Does not replicate existing services and programs
- Provides services or benefits to the Nantucket Community
- Must be a non-profit organization or public entity (such as schools, town or county departments) providing services to Nantucket.
- Must have staff resources to execute the plan
- The program must be sustainable within five years
*Please become familiar with Factor 9 requirements as set forth by the Department of Public Health at this link.
Criteria for applying:
- Please read Healthy Nantucket 2020, the Nantucket Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Pick one of the four goals to ensure that your application supports one or more of the strategies that address a goal identified by the community.
- For example: Priority Area 1: Behavioral Health
- Goal 1: Enhance overall wellness for the Nantucket community through the implementation of an effective and collaborative Behavioral Health System.
- By 2020, decrease the suicide attempts of 10% a year.
- 1.1 Educate all employers (e.g.) small and large employers, Builder’s Association, Chamber of Commerce), on Nantucket and implement Employee Assistance Programs to recognize and refer high risk employees.
- If your grant request is for seed money, please include a one page business plan that must include the following:
- One line description of company
- Financial model that will include current operating funds, projected revenue, and expenses
- Action plan for success. Milestones you must meet in year one. At what point will be you be financially sustainable?
- Why are you uniquely qualified to succeed?
- Organization structure and management team
- Sustainable plan
- Medical treatments that fall within the customary scope of the hospital’s activities;
- Capital and operating expenses for medical programs based at NCH or its affiliated health facilities;
Expenditures must be for “new money” and are not meant to replace programs that applicants already provide.