Patients & Visitors
The hospital will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
The hospital will ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
To facilitate appropriate visitation and to assure the safety of our patients and staff, as well as to provide a quiet, restful, healing environment for our patients, we ask that all visitors follow these recommendations:
- Visitors who are experiencing any of the following symptoms are discouraged from visiting and may be asked to leave the hospital: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Visitors who have experienced a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours before a visit is planned should be discouraged from visiting until they are certain they will not expose the patient to more disease.
- Visitors who are disruptive or disturb patients, staff or other visitors will be asked to stop the disruptive behavior or to leave the premises.
- The hospital has a no smoking policy and visitors may only smoke in their vehicles or off property.
- Children are welcome provided it is beneficial to the patient and/or children. Children under the age of 12 visiting the hospital are to be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult at all times.
- Regular visiting hours are from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm daily. Visitors are asked to stop at the Nurses station prior to visiting the patient. After 9 pm visitors must enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance and stop at the Emergency Room Desk.
- Maternity: same as regular. Immediate family of baby may visit at any time per mother’s request.
- Emergency Department: Visitors are limited to one at a time and will only be allowed at the discretion of the ED staff.
Public Rest Rooms
Rest rooms are located on the first floor in the main corridor. A handicapped accessible restroom is
available on the first floor, across from the main elevator,
and also in the emergency department.
Vending machines are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the hospital cafeteria.
TTY/TTD for the Hearing and Speech Impaired
If you have a disability that
makes it difficult for you to use telephone equipment, Nantucket Cottage Hospital offers a TTY/TDD System to aid
guests with special needs.